Hello Family, Friends and Readers!
Tonight I made this delicious and healthy salad. I served it alongside big, juicy hamburgers made from grass-fed beef, and chewy biscuits hot out of the oven.
*K’s ***Sparkly*** Chunky Vegetable & Balsamic Salad*
- 1 Fennel root bulb, also called anise (cut feathery stem tops off)
- 1 Cucumber (peeled)
- 3 Carrots (slender, non-peeled, I used organic)
- Half can of red kidney beans (drained, I used organic)
- Half can of sweet corn (drained, I used organic)
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinaigrette as a base
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons Italian dressing
- Half Tablespoon of bee pollen pellets
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Pinch of ground Himalayan pink salt
- 1 Tablespoon of dried chopped chives
- 1 Tablespoon of dried chopped basil
Directions: Dice the fennel root bulb, cucumber, and carrots. Add red kidney beans and sweet corn. In measuring cup add all dressing ingredients listed in the order above. Stir vigorously with a fork. 🙂 Drizzle over the veggies. Using two spoons, gently mix the veggies so that everything gets coated in the dressing. Serve as a side or eat as main meal for lunch or as a snack. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes.
Family feedback: My husband said it tasted fresh and healthy, and ate it all. 🙂